Whatifsports

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Best RB Tandems

I found a reference on one of my favorite NFL news sites, Profootballtalk.com, to an article on the Sports Illustrated site ranking the top 10 running back tandems in the NFL. What Profootballtalk found odd (and I agree) is that LaDanian Tomlinson and Michael Turner didn't make the list. Come on! You could pair my mother-in-law with LT and still have a top 10 backfield (she's pretty nimble for 83).

What I also found interesting is that the #10 pair is Brandon Jacobs & Reuben Droughns. Droughns is coming off a down year with the Browns and Jacobs has a limited resume to say the least. I would think that there would at least a couple of teams with a better tandem than that (but at this point, the Browns aren't one of them).

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.